Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vinegar

I LOVE vinegar! It is a little smelly, but it is so wonderful. I love using it for cleaning and laundry. Have a kid that ate a red icing cupcake at a birthday party and get it all over their clothes? No problem for vinegar! Simply wash the garment(s) immediately with your favorite detergent, but before adding your detergent put 1/2 to 1 cup of vinegar in your pre-wash or detergent dispenser and all that icing will come out (it really will!). I normally add 1 cup to ensure it all comes clean, but my friend swears by only using 1/2 cup in her wash.

Case in point...today is happy hour at Sonic all day. Yea! Yea, until you have a little gremlin in your car poke her straw through the cup and unleash a red, red sticky slushie mess all over her clothes and car seat. By the way...if you don't have paper towels in your car and you happen to have a spare diaper...a diaper will quickly absorb red sticky slushie. :) What is a momma to do? Why wash the clothes and car seat cover with vinegar of course!


And the results...


Amazing! Completely out! Yes, this really does work for cake/cupcake icing, I promise. Remember, to wash the garments immediately with 1/2 to 1 cup vinegar added to the pre-wash or detergent dispenser before adding your laundry detergent. Simple and easy! Doesn't this simplify your laundry process? No need to pre-treat the areas, the power of vinegar removes it. Adding vinegar to your baby's laundry can remove "spittles" (spit up), and can help remove ammonia smells from cloth diapers.

Another way I use vinegar in my house is to clean the microwave with it. I simply put 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a pyrex measuring cup, and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Then, I wipe down the whole microwave with a microfiber cloth. The condensation from boiling the vinegar and water easily removes microwaved food debris from your unit.

Hope these tips help you, and simplify your life in the process!

Now to get that car seat cover to dry quicker so we can run our errands!

No comments:

Post a Comment