I feel like I have made a new friend after reading this book. A friend who can stop over for a cup of coffee while our kids play, who will not judge me for having a laundry basket with clean clothes sitting in the middle of the living room, but who will listen to me and offer the support and friendship that is needed. From reading Tracey Bianchi's written words, I have felt encouraged, supported, challenged, and reminded that I am not alone in this motherhood thing. Throughout this book, she shares personal stories about her life, her friendships, and how she shares God with others through her relationships. She encourages and strengthens us, the reader, to find the rhythm in our lives and to make meaningful, vibrant relationships with other mothers/friends, our spouses, our families, and our extended families (while setting and keeping boundaries!). She challenges and encourages us to pursue these relationships not only for our benefit and because God made us to have relationships, but to help, encourage, support, and share our rhythm and faith with others. She reminds us that we, as mothers, need to take time for ourselves so that we can explore and discover our gifts and talents. She believes that connecting and creating deep relationships with others, while making time for ourselves to pursue our gifts and talents, will help and strengthen us to become better mothers. I have to say that I agree with this sentiment. She provides helpful tips and resources at the end of each chapter, which are helpful, practical, and worth doing. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and did not want to put this book down when the kids woke up from nap. Thank you Tracey for writing an entertaining, encouraging, soul strengthening book to let us moms know that we are not alone, and that we can develop deep, meaningful relationships while rearing our young children. I just have one question for you...may I please have the recipe for that wonderful looking cake on the cover of your book?
I shared this book with our MOPS group today, and I feel like I did not represent this book well enough. It
truly is the best MOPS book that I have ever read, and I am so excited that we will be using this book for our "curriculum" next year. I think many of the moms in our group will enjoy reading this book (it really is quite entertaining), and hearing from Tracey on how to connect and create deep relationships with other moms who need the same encouragement, support, and friendship that we do. If you are not a part of a MOPS group, I hope you will consider picking up this book, especially if you feel like you are alone in this motherhood thing.
And the winner of this book is.....Kay Giddings (it's close to midnight, does this constitute for the 15th?)!!! I will send you a message on Facebook and see how you would like to get your book. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment